Radio Player

Radio Chat

Thursday, March 8, 2012

Mixtape Mix: Swizz Beatz mixtape revolution




Swizz Beatz is known for being a music innovator but sometimes you gotta bring it back.

Korean pop music is not too popular in the U.S. but if Swizz Beatz has his way it will be. Swizz Beats is currently working on a new mixtape to mix U.S. mainstream music along with Korean pop.

Recently Swizz Beatz revealed most of the artist that will feature on his mixtape. Rick Ross, Nas, DMX and The Lox, are some big names to be featured.

Swizz Beatz inspiration to do a mixtape came from the boss, Rick Ross that is.
From my understanding Swizz Beatz wanted to do a mixtape to remind people where he started from.

Here is a quote from Swizz Beatz

“People have to know that you can take it back to the basics and keep it hip-hop and keep it fun and just do what made you the person that you are. That’s why I think this mixtape is important. I’m vibing with Nas on it, Rick Ross, DMX, The Lox, people that everybody's like 'Man, when are you guys gonna do a track together?' and 'When is this happening? I thought the mix tape was a great way to bring that to life.”

“I know that everybody was looking for a whole album,” he added. “But I'm a perfectionist and I felt like I just wanted to put some more finishing touches on it and figured I don’t have to rush anything.”

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More